Montreal is a wonderful city that could almost pass for a foreign experience (if the residents didn't speak such fluid English). Shannon and I were able to spend some time exploring Old Montreal during our trip; here are some of my thoughts:
- Montreal's Notre Dame cathedral near the center of the old city is simply gorgeous.
- Tim Horton still makes the best donuts.
- Crosswalk signals in Montreal sometimes coincide with each other, allowing one to cross the diagonal of intersections.
- The underground city, a sprawling network of tunnels and shopping centers, is a testament to both human ingenuity and Montreal's crappy weather.
- The name of the beauty parlor next to our hotel makes me giggle.